Small fire breaks out at Bryan Community School - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

Small fire breaks out at Bryan Community School

Posted: Updated:

By: Channel 8 Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

There was a small fire at Bryan Community School tonight. 

That's near 40th and South. The call came in around 6 p.m. Wednesday night. Apparently a filter in a entry way heater caught on fire. It filled the hallways with smoke.

The alarm did go off, and the staff called it in. Fortunately, no classes were in session at the time. 

"It's in the entry way , so making sure people get out safely.  Smoke can be very toxic so it would have been different. Our main concern would have been life safety and try to get kids out safely," said Captain Scott Pierson with the Lincoln Fire Department.

Damage was minor. Classes will be in session tomorrow at Bryan Community School.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.