Fire at south Lincoln restaurant - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

Fire at south Lincoln restaurant

Posted: Updated:

Posted By:  KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Employees rushed to put out a fire in Shogun late Tuesday night.

Fire officials say a small fire in the kitchen of Shogun, a Japanese restaurant near 14th and Highway 2 was put out by a fire extinguisher, but not before it filled the restaurant with smoke.

Lincoln firefighters say when they got to the restaurant, smoke was pouring out of the front doors.  The restaurant was being aired out from an extinguished fire in the kitchen.

The call came in around 11:30 Tuesday night.  Fire crews were brought in to finish clearing the smoke out of the restaurant. A possible electrical malfunction in a wall caused the fire.

No one was injured, and there's no word on when the restaurant will re–open.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.