By: Channel 8 Newsroom8@klkntv.com
A house fire early Sunday morning costs a family 25,000 dollars in damages.
The fire started around 5 a.m. near 17th and South Street in a room on the top floor of the home.
Lincoln Fire Rescue said they were able to put the fire out quickly because it was mainly contained to one room of the house.
Three people were home at the time, but all made it out of the house safely before fire units arrived.
The fire was ignited by an electrical problem in one of the ceiling lights. It caused 20,000 dollars in structural damages and 5,000 dollars in damages to the contents of the home.