Fireplace fuel causes fire near 84th & A St. - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

Fireplace fuel causes fire near 84th & A St.

Posted: Updated:

By: Channel 8 Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Fireplace fuel is to blame for causing considerable damage to a house in east Lincoln.

Multiple crews were sent to the home near 84th and A Street around 9 p.m. on Saturday night. When they arrived, flames were seen coming from the roof.  

Fire officials said the fire was caused by too much fuel in the wooden fireplace.

The blaze destroyed one room and a large portion of the outside of the home.

No one was hurt in the fire and damage is estimated to cost 85,000 dollars.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.