Posted by: Sports
The Nebraska men's tennis team defeated No. 30 VCU in the first game of the day at the Nebraska Tennis Center.
The Huskers were off to a rough start losing the doubles point to No. 30 VCU Sunday. Then the team managed 4 singles wins to take down the Rams. The first win of the day came from Marc Herrmann at the No. 3 spot defeating the Ram's Alejandro Argente 6-4, 6-3. Dusty Boyer notched the next win in a tight match to Claes Goransson XXXXXX Andre Stenger had an impressive victory at teh No. 1 spot against Alexis Huegas 5-7, 6-4, 6-2. It all came down to Tom Blackwells match at the No. 6 spot. He was off to a rough start in the first set losing 6-1, but then came back in the second winning 6-4. The final set would be the deciding factor, and Tom battled it out winning in the tie breaker 8-7.
NU vs. VCU
1.(VCU) Alexis Huegas/ DylanMcCloskey def. Andre Stenger/ Marc Herrmann 8-6
2. (VCU) Max Wennakoski/ Michael Voscek def. Brandon Videtich/ Scott Elsass 8-5
3. (VCU) Alejandro Argente/ Jamie Vazquez No Finish vs. Dusty Boyer/ Bradford Zitsch (No finish)
Order of Finish 1, 2, 3
1. (NU) Andre Stenger def. (VCU) Alexis Huegas 5-7, 6-4, 6-2
2. (VCU) Max Wennakoski def. (NU) Eric Sock 6-3, 6-2
3. (NU)Marc Herrmann def. (VCU) Alejandro Argente 6-4, 6-3
4. (NU) Dusty Boyer def. (VCU) Claes Goransson 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (8-6)
5. (VCU) Michael Voscek def. (NU) Sebastian Florczyk 6-4, 7-6 (9-7)
6. (NU) Tom Blackwell def. (VCU) Jamie Vazquez 6-1, 6-4, 7-6 (8-6)
Order of Finish 3, 2, 5, 4, 1, 6
The Huskers will face Creighton at 6 pm tonight at the Nebraska Tennis Center.