We are still almost a day away from any precipitation hitting the ground in the Lincoln area, but already schools are fielding questions about possible closure. LPS says, for the more than 36,000 students and their parents, they'll have to wait until at least Wednesday.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is playing the waiting game too.
"It's too early to tell. The weather in Nebraska, as we know, changes often," UNL Director of Communications, Meg Laureman, said. "We'll wait and see."
The decision will come from the chancellor's office. Officials say they will survey the campus overnight Wednesday and hope to make a decision by 3 a.m. on Thursday.
Laureman says there are a variety of factors that go into making that decision.
"Can we clear campus? Is it save to walk? Are the parking lots clear? Is it save enough just to get to campus?"
But it's not only up to the administrators, students say some professors are already calling it a snow day.
Laureman says teachers can sometimes use their own discretion as long as they make arrangements to make up the class work another time.
Both UNL and LPS use an automated alert system to notify students.