A trailer was destroyed near 42nd and Cornhusker on Monday afternoon after it caught on fire. Neighbors were driving on Cornhusker highway when they saw thick clouds of smoke and called 911.
"We were running through here screaming there's a fire, there's a fire!" says neighbor, Staci Henry.
The fire department says the fire was caused by poor wiring behind the fridge, and the home's materials likely caused the fire to spread.
Lincoln fire investigator Rick Campos explains, "this type of mobile home has a lot of highly combustible things in them. they're made out of, you know...just...the materials are light weight and there's glue and a lot of things that go quickly in a fire, and this is a great example of how fire reacts with those types of materials."
Exact damage is uncertain but the fire department says the trailer is a total loss. The owner was not home during the time and thankfully no one was injured.