With Nintendo's Wii U now more than a year old, the two remaining members of the triopoly of video game console makers - Microsoft and Sony - are now vying for market share with the latest versions of their signature consoles.More >>
With Nintendo's Wii U now more than a year old, the two remaining members of the triopoly of video game console makers - Microsoft and Sony - are now vying for market share with the latest versions of their signature consoles. More >>
ABC5 in Des Moines is looking for a Multimedia
The Multimedia Journalist produces,
reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for
all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports news stories for broadcast,
describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation,
following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate
pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in
order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or
attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to
obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity
and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast
Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and
work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad
lib when required.
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and
other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to
sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and
memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions
without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work
in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather
conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In
addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate
equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel
objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be
conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.