By: Hannah Paczkowski
It's been nearly a month since the Tucker's learned about the sudden death of their 18-year-old son. On Wednesday, toxicology reports determined Billy died from an overdose of a powerful form of synthetic marijuana commonly referred to as K2.
"It's killer, point blank, it's killer. My son got a hold of some and now everyone knows the results," Steve Tucker, Billy's father, said.
It's called Scooby Snax Potpourri and it looks very similar to regular marijuana and it's not illegal.
"Forms of the particular synthetic marijuana that was found on him when he was deceased can be purchased or is being sold within the city of Lincoln," Lancaster County Sheriff's Office Chief Jeffrey Bliemeister said.
Which makes it important for parents to know that just about anyone to get their hands on it.
"It's on the shelves right next to the counter, right next to the pipes. It's not illegal for your 10–year–old kid to walk into this store and purchase this," Tucker said.
Now, the Tucker family is on a mission to warn parents about this killer drug. One thing they stress is that Billy rarely showed any signs of attitude changes which is usually a symptom of drug abuse. The Tuckers said to pay attention to what your child is messaging their friends.
"Everyone knows how to spell the word light: l–i–g–h–t, you see it LGHT? Let's Get High Tonight," Tucker said.
The Tucker family is planning to hold seminars for teens to warn them about the dangers of synthetic marijuana.