Chimney overheats, starts house on fire - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

Chimney overheats, starts house on fire

Posted: Updated:

By: Channel 8 Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Emergency crews responded to a fire near 40th and Pine Lake Saturday afternoon.

The call came in just after 2. Fire officials say the fire started in the chimney of the home.

THE CALL CAME IN JUST AFTER 2...

The family members evacuated their house before crews got there. The blaze was contained after about a half hour.

Fire officials say a wood structure inside the chimney overheated, causing the fire.

They estimate it caused $20,000 in damages, but no one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.