York couple found dead in fire - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

York couple found dead in fire

Posted: Updated: Dec 2, 2013 02:09 PM CST

Posted By:  KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

York fire officials say the couple was found inside their burning home early Sunday.

The bodies of 82-year-old Boyd Berger and 61-year-old Nancy Berger were found inside the home in York, according to a press release from York Fire Chief Kevin Stuhr. 

At 2:28 a.m. Sunday, firefighters were called to 558 W. Sixth St.  Firefighters found smoke and flames coming from two main level windows.

Investigators with the Nebraska State Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire originated in the main floor living room.  They say the cause of the fire is accidental as a result of an electrical failure.

A funeral for the Bergers is planned for Thursday in York at the First United Methodist Church.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.