McCool Junction couple died from smoke inhalation - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

McCool Junction couple died from smoke inhalation

Posted: Updated:

Posted By:  KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

YORK, Neb. (AP) _ York County Attorney Candace Dick, who also serves as the county coroner, says smoke inhalation killed an elderly McCool Junction couple who died in a house fire last month.

The investigation into the deaths of Charles and Juanita Bailey, both in their 80s, is now closed.     Neighbors noticed smoke coming from the Baileys' home near McCool Junction in southeast Nebraska on the morning of Nov. 2.

Arriving firefighters found a small fire in the home's living room and the Baileys' bodies in a bedroom.  Investigators believe the fire started accidentally overnight and was just smoldering when neighbors arrived.

Information from: York News-Times

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.