Kitchen fire leaves family homeless - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

Kitchen fire leaves family homeless

Posted: Updated:

KLKN-TV Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

A Lincoln family is searching for a new place to live after a kitchen fire causes major damage to their apartment.

It happened just after 5 p.m. Officials said the fire started from a pan of grease left unattended on the stove. The grease ignited and spread onto the walls and the cabinets. 

Residents of Havelock Apartments were evacuated, but were allowed back in after 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the family of the apartment won't be able to stay.

"They won't be able to stay here because of the fire damages, they'll have to be relocated and Red Cross is here to help them with that," City fire investigator Chuck Schweitzer.

 Damage is estimated to about $15-thousand. No one was hurt during the fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.