Group home residents treated for carbon monoxide exposure - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

UPDATE: Group home residents treated for carbon monoxide exposure

Posted: Updated: Jan 10, 2014 03:55 PM CST

Posted By:  KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Lincoln Fire and Rescue were called to a central Lincoln group home after more than dozen people complained of feeling ill.  LFR Battalion Chief Eric Jones said residents had symptoms from exposure to carbon monoxide.  Jones said about 25 residents had just returned from Joyo Theater in Havelock.  He said fire crews were sent to both places.  

All 25 people were checked out and treated at the scene.  Jones said 8 residents had no symptoms of CO poisoning.  One person was transported to the hospital to be checked out. 

Black Hills Energy said the theater's furnace was not operating correctly.  They said the building was ventilated and the furnace was shut down.  The owners were notified to make repairs.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.