By: KLKN Newsroom
The City of Lincoln's annual tree recycling program will end Sunday, January 12.
The trees will then be ground into wood chips, and the wood chip mulch will be available at no charge to Lincoln residents beginning Thursday, January 16 at Hofeling Enterprises, 2200 South Folsom Court, during normal business hours.
The mulch will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Trees can be dropped off at the following sites:
• Ballard Park, 3901 N. 66th St.
• Oak Lake Park, 1st Street three blocks south of Cornhusker Highway
• University Place Park, 50th and Garland Streets
• Holmes Lake Park, parking lot west of the north softball field
• Hofeling Enterprises, 2200 South Folsom Court
• Tierra Park, 29th and Tierra Drive
• Woods Park, 31st and "J" streets, southeast corner of the parking lot
For more information on the City's recycling program, visit recycle.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Recycling Hotline at 402-441-8215.