By: Channel 8 Newsroom8@klkntv.com
Fire investigators say a discarded cigarette is to blame for Sunday's roof fire at 12th and O Streets. The fire began around 3 p.m. on the roof of the Centerstone Condos in downtown Lincoln.
Traffic to the area was briefly shutdown as Lincoln Fire and Rescue got the fire under control in ten minutes.
LFR says the strong winds made it difficult to get crews and their equipment up to the roof to put the flames out.
"With the wind that we have today it could fan a small ember into a fire again pretty quickly," Battalion Chief Leo Benes said.
No one was injured in the fire.