Incinerator sparks barn fire - News, Weather and Sports for Lincoln, NE; KLKNTV.com

Incinerators sparks barn fire

Incinerator sparks barn fire

Posted: Updated:
By: Jenn Hatcher
jhatcher@klkntv.com

A fire destroyed a barn in Martell Wednesday afternoon.  The call came in around 2:30.  Fire officials say a malfunction with a machine used for pet cremation, sparked the flames to the nearby building.  Southwest Fire called in reinforcement from Hickman and Crete.

The 25x60 structure is a complete loss.  It housed tools and hay, which, along with weather conditions, fueled the blaze.  "We're a little breezy here and as soon as the wind caught a hold of it, it just shoved it right through the building," explains Phillip Nalley, Southwest Fire Chief.

The homeowner says he will rebuild and repair the cremation machine.  Noting, the damage, will put a damper on his business.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLKN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.