Posted By: Channel 8 Eyewitness News
UPDATE: Inspectors say a firework landed on a bush and extended up the homes soffit and into the attic. The total damage is around $50,000 dollars..
It was on Surfside Drive, located in the Capital Beach neighborhood around 9 p.m.
The owners were actually out on the water when the fire started on the roof.. Neighbors helped by dousing the fire with garden hoses before crews got there.
Firefighters say that definitely helped as well as their four minute response time. No injuries have been reported.