Posted By: Rachael Miner

rminer@klkntv.com

We've seen numerous fire sparked by cigarettes in recent weeks and this morning's fire is no exception.

"The resident reported to us they were in bed smoking and fell asleep," said LFR Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue was called to the home near 12th and Oak streets around 8:30 this morning.

One person was inside when the fire broke out, but she managed to escape.

The flames were quickly put out; but not before causing a lot of damage.

"The fire was confined to one bedroom of the house however there is heavy smoke damage throughout the house," Gegg said.

No one was hurt, but lfr says the two residents will not be able to live there.

Damage to the home is estimated at $35,000 dollars.

Fire officials say this serves as a good reminder to properly dispose of your cigarettes, as you can see, the consequences can be devastating.