19-year-old roofer electrocuted

Central Nebraska authorities say a 19-year-old roofer has been electrocuted after coming in contact with power lines. Hall County Attorney Mark Young says Emilio Deleon died in the Monday afternoon accident.

Grand Island Fire Chief Troy Hughes says the man was in the bucket of a crane, working behind a Grand Island business, when the lines were touched. Hughes says the accident shorted out the crane controls, and the bucket was still in the air near the wires when emergency personnel arrived.

Paramedics and firefighters used a ladder truck to reach the Deleon. He was taken to St. Francis Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.