Update: Inspector releases cause of fire that sent 9 people to hospital

Posted By: Channel 8 Eyewitness News
8@klkntv.com

UPDATE:  Fire Inspector Ken Hilger said the cause of a fire at a home near 67th and Adams was caused by unattended candles. Nine people had to be taken to the hospital early Wednesday morning and they were all treated and released the same day.  The home sustained $200,000 in damage.

Previous Story: 

Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews are battling a house fire near 67th and Adams that broke out just after 5:30 Wednesday morning. 

Crews arrived to heavy smoke and flames in the backside of the structure. A report of 16 people inside the home came into dispatch. Crews confirmed 13 living in the home. Nine people have been taken to the hospital. Three are in critical condition with smoke inhalation. 

A cause has not been determined. So far no damage estimates have been reported. 

Channel 8 has a reporter on the scene and will have the details as they become available.