Updated: 3 kids treated for scalding

By: Newsroom

Three Gage County children are being treated for burns they suffered from boiling water.

The Gage County Sheriff's office says Sunday evening, emergency crews responded to a Barneston home on reports of three children who had been burned.

The Sheriff's office says a pot of boiling water was on the stove, a 4-year-old girl opened the oven door and stood on it. A press release says this caused the oven to tip over sending the pot of boiling water onto the 4-year-old and a 2-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl.

Two children were transported by StarCare Air Ambulance and the third child was transported by Beatrice Rescue.  All three children were then taken to St. Elizabeth's Regional Medical Center's burn unit where they are currently being treated for their burns.

This matter is under investigation by the Gage County Sheriff's Office.