Bomb Scare At Malcolm School, One Teenager Taken Into Custody
A bomb scare at a local school puts students and staff in lock-down mode. The Lancaster County Sheriff says a 17-year old student had bombs and a semi-automatic weapon inside his car. The student apparently told school officials at the Malcolm Public School that he had the materials around 10 Tuesday morning.
Lancaster County Sheriff's officials and the State Patrol's bomb squad were called in. They isolated the area around the car that was parked outside the school. Malcolm is just a few miles northwest of Lincoln. Officials say the boy was taken into custody for bringing explosives and a firearm onto school property and making terroristic threats. The Nebraska State Patrol's bomb squad used a robot to inspect the vehicle, finding a rifle and containers of petroleum-based propellant and propane in the car. The robot, “Mark V” was unveiled last week.
Students Channel 8 Eyewitness News talked to say the teenager was planning to spare three students and “no one else would be saved.”