Carbon Monoxide scare forces out apartment residents

Posted By: Channel 8 Eyewitness News

8@klkntv.com

Some apartment residents are relived a carbon monoxide scare didn’t turn out to be anything serious.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue were called to the building just before 10:30 Wednesday night near 48th and Wilshire Blvd.

Officials report two water heaters in the building were not working and set off the carbon monoxide detectors.

Gas was turned off to the building until crews could resolve the issue and decrease the levels.