Carbon Monoxide Sends Two To Hospital

Two people had to be taken to the hospital Tuesday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities say one of the residents at 6834 Whitewater Lane was on the phone when they passed out. That's when the person on the other end of the phone called 9-1-1.

When firefighters arrived, they found high levels of the poisonous gas in the house, and the 2 people in the duplex were taken to the hospital.

Fire officials say this should serve as another reminder to make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector, and make sure its running properly.

“The problem with carbon monoxide is it's a silent killer and it sneaks up on you if you have carbon monoxide detectors in your house it will sensor the toxic gas and alert you,”  Assistant Chief Dean Staberg said. 

There is no word on the conditions of the two people taken to the hospital, but we do know they are allowed back in the home.