Director of Engineering
KLKN-TV in Lincoln, Nebraska is seeking a full-time Director of Engineering to perform various duties for support of the station, and to manage the installation and setup of digital broadcast systems. This position will manage the technical, IT, and operational engineering staff. In addition to oversight of technical and engineering operations, the position will also serve as the lead for security, infrastructure, logistics planning of special events and capital projects. The Director of Engineering reports directly to the General Manager and assists in achieving station and departmental objectives and priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to operate, maintain, and repair various components of broadcast tv and audio equipment
- Install, manage and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows OS.
- Serve Engineering, Production, News, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services.
- Work closely with the Corporate Engineering team to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Maintain Master Control playout systems, News content storage and playout system, Newsroom server system, graphics, and editing systems.
- Capital planning, execution, and project management with the collaboration of all other departments
- Technical and engineering operational budget management
- Develop and maintain a 5-year technical plan
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in Engineering/Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required.
- Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
- Experience in broadcast television or a related field is preferred.
- Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding, and file transcoding is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director of Engineering must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the effectiveness of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, use ladders, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
401K, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacations, sick days & holidays.
Application Details: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.