Channel 8 KLKN-TV is looking for an experienced Meteorologist to join our growing Storm Alert Team. It is not just the cost of living that is amazing here, the weather here is priceless too! We are looking for a Meteorologist who can coordinate severe weather coverage, tell compelling weather stories during slow weather periods, and will be comfortable, relaxed in their delivery and presentation.
- Forecast weather for evening station broadcasts
- Cover severe weather accurately, and urgently without causing unnecessary worry for viewers
- Post weather updates online and on social media
- 2-3 years experience as a weather anchor or weather reporter preferred
- AMS or NWA seal of approval preferred
- Strong interest in covering severe weather
- Familiar with TWC Max platform
- An appreciation for a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work various shifts
You will receive…
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc.
- Vacation, paid holidays and paid time off
- Exceptional growth opportunities
Please send your resume and reel to KLKN-TV, Attn.: Steffani Nolte – News Director, 3240 S. 10th Street, Lincoln, NE 68502, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.