Family Home Lost In Fire

A fire just Southwest of Lincoln was heavily damaged after a late afternoon fire Friday. Southwest Fire along with four other area departments all responded to the blaze. Fire crews say when they arrived at the house it was engulfed in flames. The home is located just a mile South of Pioneers Park in the Arabian Estates subdivision. No one was home at the time of the fire, in fact the family was on their way back from Kansas City. Unfortunately 11 puppies were killed in the fire. Fire crews say the total damage-estimate is upwards of $300,000. Investigators think the blaze started from an electrical problem.