Faulty Wire To Blame For House Fire

By:  Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Faulty wiring could be to blame for a house fire on Lincoln's Northside.

It broke out around 8:45 this morning at this house on Benton street.

A woman was home at the time but made it out safely.  Light smoke could be seen coming from the roof.

Fire Battalion Chief, Bret Davis says, “we showed up here and actually found light smoke coming from the roof. We made access, vented the roof and found the fire in the ceiling space in the hallway.”

Officials believe faulty wires in a light switch or fixture may have caused the fire.  It's still under investigation.