Fire Destroys Rural Lancaster County House

A rural Lancaster county family is without a home after a fire burned it to the ground Tuesday night. The State Fire Marshall says the blaze began when boxes set on top of a electric stove caught on fire. He also says the stove was turned on accidentally. An off-duty firefighter spotted the blaze on Bluff Road just west of Highway 77 at around 10 o'clock.

The homeowners were in the process of moving in to the house and left just after 9 o'clock. Damage is estimated at around two hundred 50-thousand dollars.