Fire sends one to hospital

Posted By: KLKN Newsroom

8@klkntv.com

One man is in the hospital after his house caught on fire.

It happened just after 3 o’clock Friday afternoon, near 14th and A.

It was an oil fire in the kitchen.

Official’s put it out quickly.

Only one person was inside the home at the time. He was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be okay.

"We also try to encourage people, if you are going to do something like that, stay in the kitchen, stay in sight of it, because if it starts to smoke before it burst into flames you need to turn the heat down," Battalion Chief Jim Bopp, Lincoln Fire and Rescue, said.

No word on the total damage of the home. There was a pet hamster inside, it made it out safe.