Flammable Vapors Catch Fire

By:  Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Flammable vapors catch fire in the basement of a central Lincoln home this morning.

It happened just after 9am near 40th and J.  Firefighters say the homeowner was stripping paint in his basement, but hadn't turned off the pilot light.

The fumes built up from poor ventilation causing a flash fire.  Firefighters say it could've been much worse.  Fire Inspector, Ken Hilger says, “the stripper that was in the roller was still on fire. But he was very lucky that he didn't have other combustibles in that location.”

There were no injuries and damage is estimated around 500 dollars.