Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions on Laser Hair Reduction:
- How does hair removal work? A pulse of laser light penetrates into the skin and delivers the energy at the root of the hair, destroying the hair follicle while protecting the surrounding skin.
- What areas can be treated? All areas of the body can be treated, except around the eyes.
- How long does the procedure take? It depends on the area being treated. It will take typically up to 15 minutes to treat the underarms and up to an hour for legs.
- Is it painful? While some areas can be more sensitive than others, most individuals describe the feeling as a slight stinging or tingling sensation. If needed, clients can also request a topical anesthetic to be applied prior to treatment.
- How many treatments are required? Hair grows in multiple cycles, therefore, several treatments are necessary. The number of treatments depends on type of hair and location, roughly 5-8 treatments. Treatments are usually performed 4-8 weeks apart.
- Are there any side effects? Side effects are minimal and are generally limited to a slight redness of the skin which should not persist for more than a few hours.
- Do you have to shave prior to treatment? The area of treatment needs to be shaved, no plucking or tweezing.
- Is it permanent? Clinical studies have demonstrated a permanent reduction in hair numbers after each treatment. However, there are variables such as hormones, medication, ethnicity, metabolism and certain genetic factors that may affect permanent hair reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions on Celluwave (no injections, no needles for this cellulite treatment):
- What is cellulite? Cellulite is defined as skin relief alterations that give the skin an “orange peel” or “mattress” appearance.
- What can I do about it? Over the years few treatments have been truly effective. Cellulite cannot be eliminated with diet and exercise. The physiology of cellulite has prevented adequate treatments until now.
- What is Celluwave Therapy? Celluwave Therapy is a procedure utilizing a ballistic pressure head to improve the appearance of cellulite on the buttocks, legs and stomach. The waves from this device disrupt the schleroitic bands that cause cellulite.
- Will it help me lose weight? Celluwave Therapy is not for weight loss-it is specifically for cellulite reduction. It works great in conjunction with cellulodissolve/mesotherapy, combining a smoother appearance with body sculpting of unwanted fat deposits.
- Does it hurt? Treatments are very well tolerated, with minimal discomfort, in contrast to cellulodissolve (mesotherapy for cellulite). Some clients say it feels like a deep tissure massage. There are no needles involved with Celluwave Therapy.
- What kind of treatment is required? Celluwave Therapy treatments are twice weekly for up to 6 weeks. Each treatment takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on body area. About 25% of the patients require a second series of treatments.
- How quickly will I see results? Studies have shown that appearance of the cellulite continues to improve for 3 to 6 weeks after the treatments are completed. However, improvements are noted as early as 4 to 6 weeks after treatment begins.
- How much does it cost? Revitalift Aesthetic Center offers a Complimentary Consultation and suggests a minimum of 12 treatments for optimum results. An Esthetician, Physician or Physician Assistant can assess the stage of cellulite to determine number of treatments and tailor a package for you.
- Body Areas are : Front Thighs, Back Thighs, or Buttocks.
- What Maintenance is involved? Maintenance treatments are necessary to keep your new look at its best. These treatments should be completed every 3 months. The maintence is usually 50% off the orginal package and approximately $80 per treatment to maintain your optimum results.
Frequently Asked Questions for Photofacials/Intense Pulse Light:
- How does it work? The intense pulsed light emits wavelengths that are absorbed by vascular and pigmented lesions in multiple levels of the skin. When the broad band light is absorbed by melanin (brown spots) and hemoglobin (veins/redspots), the lesions are gently heated and destroyed.
- What areas can be treated? The Prolite II skin rejuvenation procedure can be performed on the face, neck, décolletage, & hands.
- How long does the procedure take? It depends on the area being treated. It typically takes 25 – 30 minutes to treat the entire face. Make up may be applied following treatment.
- Is it painful? You will experience a slight sensation as the pulses of therapeutic light are passed over your skin. The sensation is very mild and easily tolerated. Topical creams are not required but are available for individuals who wish to numb the skin.
- How many treatments are required? A series of four treatments is required for optimum result. Each treatment takes less than one hour to perform. Treatments are scheduled once a month. Maintenance treatments are required every 6 to 12 months to maintain result.
- What results can I expect? Visible signs of aging and sun damage will be significantly reduced. There is an overall improvement in skin texture and tone.
- Are there any side effects? The vascular and pigmented lesions will be darker in apperarance for 5 to 7 days. This procedure works well when followed with a microdermabrasion.
Frequently Asked Questions about Botox:
- What are the most common side effects? Temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within two to three days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- How long before I can touch the area? Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- What should I avoid? Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John's Wort, and high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. Avoid exercise and alcohol for 6 hours post-treatment.
- How can I enhance the length of my results? Evidence shows that having a follow up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect. Please be sure to consult our physician on-site about recommendations for touch-ups or follow up treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding cosmetic payment plans:
- How can I get health care finance? Revitalift offers a healthcare finance option under Capital One. This smart payment plan can breakdown payments interest free to tailor a package for your clinical needs (i.e. $50 to $200 per month payments).
- How do I apply? Apply now at Revitalift where a staff member can call in for you and assist you in private so you can start your treatment that day.