House fire displaces 8 people

Posted By: Megan Conway

mconway@klkntv.com

It was a rough start to the new year for some Lincoln residents when their house caught fire. Lincoln Fire and Rescue rushed to 11th and Plum streets around 6:30 Thursday evening. LFR says the fire started in the basement due to cardboard, clothing, and paper being too close to a space heater. but thanks to the firefighters quick actions, it didn’t spread to any other floor of the home.

“No, there was not much smoke all reported on the upper two levels because they got a quick knock down on the fire,” says Battalion Chief Jeanne Pashelak, LFR.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. All eight residents of the home made it out safely. LFR is still investigating. 

The estimated damage is around $30,000.