Incognito Gone

Lincoln, Neb. (AP) _ Richie Incognito's career at Nebraska is over. The University of Nebraska registrar's office tells the Associated Press that the suspended Nebraska football player is no longer enrolled at the University.

The office says Incognito withdrew from his classes at 11:46 on Tuesday morning. Incognito tells the A-P that he'll talk about his departure eventually but he says — quote “right now nothing is for sure'' –end quote. He says he does not want to put anything in jeopardy by saying something right now.

 Incognito told KLKN that he planned to transfer.

After practice Callahan said he had released Incognito from his scholarship and that he is now free to pursue a transfer to another University.

Incognito would be ineligible to play at a Division 1-A program until next season.

Callahan suspended Incognito on September 1st for what the Coach called repeated violations of team rules.

Incognito had has several scuffles with the law and with team rules in his three years at Nebraska. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound Junior from Glendale, Arizona, was a first-team All-Big 12 selection last year by the A-P.

He entered this fall on the Rimington Award watch list as one of the nation's top centers. Two preseason publications listed him as one of the nation's top five players at his position.