Kitchen Stove Starts Apartment Fire

Lincoln fire fighters battled an apartment fire at 11th and “B” Friday night. The fire started about 7 o'clock.

Neighbors say they noticed smoke coming from the apartment. Police got there first and kicked open a door to the apartment and noticed smoke coming from the kitchen. The woman who lives in the apartment wasn't home at the time but says that the new stove that was installed by the apartment maintance man was not turned off. No one was hurt in the fire.