LLincoln Apartment Fire

Lincoln firefighters were called to an apartment fire. It started just before 5-am.. The fire began on the back porch of a three story apartment building. The owner tells channel 8 eyewitness news, it was caused by a burning cigarette that caught a piece of carpet on fire. He also says there are six residents living in the building and everyone made it out safely They will be temporarily without a home. The owner says the apartment damaged by the fire will not be reopened and plans to rebuild.