Major Lincoln roadway opening Friday
By: KLKN News Room
Old Cheney Road from 70th to 82nd streets will reopen about 1 p.m. Friday.
The major improvement project upgraded the two-lane rural street to a four-lane urban street with turn lanes, curbs and gutters.
The project also includes the following
• Installation of drainage facilities and reconstruction of water and wastewater mains and private utility lines
• Construction of bike trails, sidewalks and curb ramps
• Installation of a new traffic signal, street lighting and communications infrastructure
• Construction of retaining walls
• Reconstruction of adjacent roads, as required, to match with the improvements
Sidewalks at the northeast and southwest corners will be temporarily connected next week.
Work on the street lighting will require some lane closures during non-peak traffic hours.
Final work to be completed by May includes sidewalk and bike trail paving, erosion control, seeding and sodding, final grading and retaining wall construction.
More information on the project is available at lincoln.ne.gov.