Make Sure Your Holiday Mail Makes it Safely, and On Time
The holiday season is upon us. And many of you will be sending friends and loved ones packages through the mail this year. Here are some tips to make sure your mail zips through the system.
1. Pack parcels with plenty of cushioning. Foam peanuts and bubble wrap are superior to crumpled-up newspapers when it comes to protecting valuables.
2. Tape your box completely. Never use string or twine on your parcel.
3. Make sure that all mail is clearly addressed and that your return address is also is also clearly marked.
4. Avoid the temptation to use dark red or green envelopes. High-contrast colors work best with the automated scanners that read and sort the mail.
5. And send your packages early. The post office will be busy….the sooner you can get your mail sent, the better.