Mayor announces six finalists for Lincoln Police Chief
Posted By: Channel 8 Eyewitness News
Mayor Chris Beutler today announced six finalists for the position of Lincoln Police Chief:
- Jeffery Bliemeister is the Chief Deputy in the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office.
- Eric Buske is the Chief of Police for Bryan, Texas.
- Joy Citta is the Captain of Management Services for the Lincoln Police Department.
- Timothy Hegarty is the Support Services Commander for the Riley County, Kansas Police Department.
- Genelle Moore is a Captain with the Lincoln Police Department and oversees the Personnel and Education unit.
- Michael Washburn is a Captain with the Seattle, Washington Police Department.
The candidates will be interviewed in Lincoln April 6. Mayor Beutler will make the final decision.
Members of the committee that selected the finalists were Public Safety Director Tom Casady, Human Resources Director Doug McDaniel, Human Resources Coordinator Kari Foote and Mayoral Aide Molly Burton.
Assistant Chief Brian Jackson has served as Interim Police Chief since the retirement of Jim Peschong in February. Jackson did not apply for the permanent position.