Omaha couple dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted By: Channel 8 Eyewitness News

8@klkntv.com

OMAHA, Neb. (AP)  Omaha Police say a couple that was found dead in their home last week died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Reports say that Mak and Phyllis Duranski were found Friday after 73-year-old Phyllis Duranski failed to meet friends at a concert.

Officers found 63-year-old Mark Duranski dead in the master bedroom upstairs. Phyllis Duranski was found dead in an upstairs bathroom.

Investigators determined that the couple left a car running in the attached garage, and that was the source of the carbon monoxide. The car ran out of gas in the garage.