One Dead in Early Monday Morning Fire

A Lincoln man is dead after an early morning fire Monday. Someone in the area called 9-1-1 and said they saw smoke coming from the apartment. When they arrived they found 35 year old Jeffrey Bush inside. Paramedics took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Investigators say he had been drinking and fell asleep with a cigarette in his hand.

Investigator Don Gross says the man died from smoke inhalation. Fortunately, no one else was injured and no damage was done to nearby apartments. The damage to the man's apartment is minimal.