UPDATE: Overnight fire in south Lincoln

Posted By: Veronica Ortega

vortega@klkntv.com

UPDATE: Just before midnight Wednesday, Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to a fire at a local dry cleaning business.

It happened at Paramount Linen near 27th and Randolph St. Firefighters responded to a report of smoke in the area, further investigation revealed fire inside the business.

Firefighters say they had to force their way into the building which took some time. They say the fire started in one of the commercial dryers, and they worried the fire would spread if the dryer was opened too soon.

“Rather then us taking a chance of exposure inside and creating a worst situation. They elected to be very patient, work with the system, and wait for additional information. It worked out very well because we were able to contain it to the actual dryer,” says Battalion Chief Jeanne Pashalek. 

The fire was under control before 1 a.m. No word yet on what caused the fire. 

Firefighters say no one was inside at the time and no injuries were reported.