Paula Ann Railsback, APRN
- NAACOG Certification for OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner , May 1984
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner Training Program, August-November 1983.
- Preceptorship was done at Planned Parenthood of Omaha-Council Bluffs, December 1983-May 1984.
- Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, Iowa. Associate Degree in Nursing, 1981
- Omaha College of Health Careers, Omaha, Nebraska. Medical Assistant, 1978
- Lewis Central High School, Council Bluffs, Iowa, 1976
- January 1993 to present, Part-time, Women's Clinic of Lincoln, PC, 220 Lyncrest Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510. OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner. Provide comprehensive women's health care in collaboration with physicians for obstetrical and gynecologic patients.
- December 1993 to present, Planned Parenthood of Omaha/Council Bluffs, Omaha, Nebraska
- OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner. Perform health screening procedures including but not limited to heart, lungs, thyroid, abdomen, breast, and pelvic exams. Comply with medical standing orders, to include selecting oral contraceptives and change pill modality, fit diaphragms, diagnose and treat vaginitis, educate on all contraceptives. Refer patients with suspected abnormal conditions to the supervising physician or the medical resources. Contraceptive and sexually transmitted disease lectures to teens. Previously involved in a study to determine the efficacy of treating gardnerella with Oflaxacin vs. Metronidazole in conjunction with Creighton University.
- 1981-1983 Planned Parenthood of Omaha/Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Clinic Supervisor, Registered Nurse. Managed a family planning clinic of 2,000 patients and supervised a staff of four.
- 1978-1981 Planned Parenthood of Omaha/Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Medical Assistant. Performed vital signs, urinalysis, venipunctures, and medical histories. Prepare patients for physicians and assist. Clean and stock examining rooms. Sterilized instruments.