Protect Yourself from Scam Artists
Here are some tips to help protect yourself from being scammed.
1. Don't fall for anything that sounds too good to be true.
2. Never give your credit card number, phone card number, social security number, or bank account number to anyone over the phone.
3. Don't let anyone rush you into anything.
4. If you're suspicious, check out the business with police, or the Better Business Bureau.
5. You can also call the National Consumers League Fraud Information Center at 1-800-876-7060.