Spelling Bee at the Lied Contest Rules
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee Ticket Giveaway
- Fill out the online form your first and last name, street address, city, day telephone number and evening telephone number.
- A random drawing of all entries will determine the winners. Five names will be drawn to win a pair of tickets each.
- Contest starts Monday, May 20. Entries must be received by noon on May 24.
- The random drawing will be held at on May 24.
- Prize: There will be five winners of two tickets to see a performance of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Lied Center for Performing Arts in Lincoln. See separate story of dates and times
- Winners of the two tickets will be announced, each day, on the Channel 8 Eyewitness News This Morning starting May 27.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Winners of the two tickets must pick up tickets at KLKN-TV and make reservations, or jeopardize loss of seating availability.
- No purchase necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Winners assume responsibility for all applicable taxes and licenses.
- Winners must pick up tickets within 30 days of notification and/or before the final performance.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries. If 100 entries, then each entrant has a 1/20 chance of winning.
- Value of the prize is $54.
- Contest is not designed for children 13 and under
- No substitutions unless agreed upon by the sponsor and prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Only one winner per family per household per contest.
- All participants must be able to receive Channel 8 KLKN-TV over the air, from cable or via satellite service.
- Employees or immediate families of Channel 8 KLKN-TV, TADA Theatre and the Lied Center for Performing Arts, competing media, their divisions,
affiliates, subsidiaries or their advertising/promotion agencies are not
eligible to win.
- Winners MUST present a valid drivers license or state issued ID to
claim their prize. No prize will be awarded without proper
- Winners must pick up prize within 7 days of notification by Channel 8 KLKN-TV.
- All other costs associated with accepting, redeeming and using prize
is the responsibility of the winner, including any state and local
government surcharges, and all taxes (sales, income, value-added and
other), and all other costs and expenses relating to contest.
- Channel 8 KLKN-TV reserves the right to reject a claim to a prize based on contest irregularities.
- Channel 8 KLKN-TV is not responsible for misuse of prizes, and will
not accept liability if a prize is used or misused in any manner.
- All decisions by Channel 8 KLKN-TV management are final.
The sponsor of this promotion is Channel 8 KLKN-TV, which is solely responsible for all aspects of the promotion. By participating in this promotion, all participants and prize winners agree that Channel 8 KLKN-TV, and its sponsors, their partnerships, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of such entities' respective officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss, illness, litigation or damage that may occur from participation in the promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of Nebraska and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that state.