Branched Oak observatory hosting duel fund raising event
Cars & Stars is a unique fundraising event and Star Party. June 29th the Branched Oak Observatory and the Smile-Center will be having a Dual Fundraising event. The Smile-Center.org helps fund for modifying battery operated cars for children with disabilities. It gives them a FREEDOM that you and I enjoy and take for granted. SMILE (Seeking More Independent Life Experiences) does just that.
The Branched Oak Observatory is also looking to raise money for a cutting edge telescope and mount. We are fortunate that this events sponsor Security First Bank has covered all the up front costs for the event, so you know that when you donate, 100% will be split evenly between the two organizations.
Here are just a few of the fun things happening.
- A car will be presented to a deserving family at 5:30 pm
- A Show and Shine Car Show 5 pm till 8:30 pm
- Live Radio remote from Froggy 98 6-8 pm
- Safe Solar Viewing until sunset
- Fun Freebies for the Kids! Including glow in the dark frisbees, while supply lasts
- Bounce House
- Free pizza and water from 6-8 pm