This individual is responsible for being able to operate and maintain various pieces of equipment including cameras, tripods, servers, printers, wireless access points, and PC workstations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to operate, maintain, and repair various components of broadcast tv and audio equipment
- Install, manage and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows OS.
- Manage user accounts on local machines and through Active Directory.
- Manage and assist users with E-mail and desktop support.
- Serve Engineering, Production, News, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services.
- Work closely with Engineering management to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Maintain Master Control playout systems, News content storage and playout system, Newsroom server system, graphics and editing systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required.
- Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
- Experience in broadcast television or a related field preferred.
- Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding and file transcoding a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems is a plus.
- Experience with remote desktop applications, Microsoft and Cisco certifications are a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer technician must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the effectiveness of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, use ladders, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
401K, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacations, sick days & holidays.
Please email your resume to email@example.com, mail to KLKN-TV, Attn: BM, 3240 S. 10th Street, Lincoln, NE 68502 or apply in person between 9-5. Closing Date: October 11, 2019.