Three Taken To Hospital Due To Heat
The heat has been taking its toll on all of us lately and today three individuals were taken to the hospital.
Lincoln Fire and Rescue says around 3:30 this afternoon, the three suffered from heat exhaustion while playing in the National Paintball Tournament in Roca.
LFR got involved when SouthWest fire called for their assistance because so many people did overheat all at once. EMS Supervisor Scott Wiebe says, “this is just another reminder that when you're working outside you have to hydrate…ya know dress appropriately and take rest breaks when needed.”
Some symptoms of heat exhaustion include cramps, nausea, headaches and generally not feeling well.