UDPATE: Cause determined in Friend church fire

December 3, 2012

Posted By:  KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

A massive fire destroyed the United Methodist Church in Friend on December 3rd.

The Nebraska State Fire Marshal's office says the fire was caused by a candle.  The church was built in the early 1930's.  The church community recently spent $100,000 in renovations.  The fire only took a couple of hours to burn decades of memories.

Firefighters from neighboring communities battled the blaze for nearly 3 hours.